1. Shutdown period preparation
- Establish shutdown dates and communicate them to all employees
- Incorporate these dates into your payroll system so that public holidays are appropriately accounted for
- Communication of the procedure for requesting leave during the shutdown.
- Finalising rosters in advance and maintaining backup lists with contact information and availability
- The preparation of skeleton staff schedules and the provision of contact information for relevant persons in case of an emergency.
3. Recruitment, onboarding, and offboarding
- Delaying new starters to commence employment from the first business day of the new year
- Onboarding new employees by completing the necessary paperwork
- Retrieving office equipment from employees leaving the organisation during the shutdown.
4. Payroll and Finance
- Establishing the final year-end pay run date and advising employees
- Implementing changes to awards effective January 1, 2023, to ensure systems reflect those changes
- Tracking terminations of employees during the shutdown period to avoid overpayments.
Get In Touch
VeiraMal Consulting is an expert in guiding organisations towards achieving people effectiveness through HR services and advisory. Thus, getting in touch with us can help you go beyond your team members’ expectations. You can view all our services and packages here.
The information contained in this blog is general in nature. If you are unsure how this applies to you, please contact us at VeiraMal Consulting. Our consultants will be happy to guide you through this.