The obligations for Christmas casuals are the same as those of any casual employee under the Fair Work Act.
Under the Fair Work Act, a person is defined as a casual employee if:
Under the NES, casual employees are entitled to:
1. Know which awards and agreements apply to your casuals
2. Be aware of the minimum pay rates, penalties, and allowances that apply
3. Before or upon beginning their casual job, provide new casual employees with a Casual Employment Information Statement (CEIS)
4. Make sure the employee has a copy of the Fair Work Information System (FWIS)
5. Employees should receive super at the current minimum rate of 10.5% of their OTE, regardless of their income
6. If an employee is under 18 years old, pay super guarantee only if they work over 30 hours per week.
7. Provide payslips within one working day of paying wages.